Frequently Asked Questions
FAQ about The Services Offered By Total Vitality Medical Group
The questions below are frequently asked by new patients who are first introduced to the medical services offered by the Total Vitality Medical Group medical professionals.
Can you please tell me what chiropractic care is?
Chiropractic care is a health profession that is based on the interaction between the spine, nervous system, and all of the surrounding muscles.
Are the chiropractors real doctors?
Yes, while a Doctor of Chiropractic is not a medical doctor (MD), he or she goes through a similar rigorous education process to become a licensed professional in the chiropractic care. The educational requirements for a Doctor of Chiropractic are among the most exacting in any healthcare profession.
Is chiropractic care an effective and safe treatment option?
Yes, chiropractic care is effective and safe.
There is information from the National Center for Complementary and Integrative Health which has shown that chiropractic care can help patients suffering from low back pain, tension and migraine headaches, neck pain, upper and lower extremity joint conditions, and whiplash-related symptoms.
Why would I want to see a Chiropractor?
The treatments offered by Total Vitality Medical Group chiropractic professionals are ideal for athletes, engineers, customer care specialists, students, retirees and any person who wants to achieve optimum health. There are individuals who will see our team for the neck, back and joint problems. Other patients have been known to make regular appointments with our chiropractors to maintain a peak level of physical health.
We forget that our spine needs the same kind of loving care and chiropractic visits as our care for our eyes with regular optometrist appointments.
Can you explain why a Medical Director will be involved in my treatment?
In a facility like Total Vitality Medical Group, the function of our Medical Directors is multifaceted with patient care being the most important job. The work our Medical Directors do on a daily basis touches and shapes all policies and procedures that will govern your medical care.
When should I seek surgery for relief from my back and shoulder pain?
That is a question that you and your Total Vitality Medical Group doctor will need to answer after all other options like physical therapy have been explored. It is realistic to consider that if pain interferes with day-to-day life, the time may be right to pursue surgery in our surgical center.
What should I expect from my visit to Total Vitality Medical Group?
Regardless if a patient visits Total Vitality Wellness Group for treatment after an automobile accident or for a chronic medical condition, the patient can expect the following:
- A complete review of specific symptoms is conducted, including a medical history and state of overall health
- Each patient will be asked to perform movements and physical tests to help diagnose the medical problem
- In some situations, the use of imaging technology may be required to confirm the condition and matched with examination findings to investigate potential underlying pathological developments or bone conditions
- A diagnosis will be made and treatment options outlined for the patient. If necessary and appropriate, multiple practitioners within Total Vitality Medical Group may become involved in treatment
- Patient response to treatment protocols and procedures is monitored by medical staff and the Medical Director, who will look for an improvement to the health condition as well as for positive changes in health
- The medical professional who works with each patient will address the ideas of wellness and prevention through introduction of exercises, and the promotion of nutrition and lifestyle modifications.
I was told that PRP might be able to provide relief from the pain cause by my Achilles tendonitis. Can you explain what PRP is?
PRP is a therapy in which an injection of platelet-rich plasma is administered to the area of a chronic or acute injury. The injection is produced from your own blood, meaning it is safer because it minimizes the potential for a bad reaction. PRP injections have a platelet concentration that is more than eight times the baseline platelet concentration found in whole blood. The PRP injection works by bathing the area that has been injured in platelets which promote wound healing and clotting.
The medical professionals from Total Vitality Medical Group are a primary care provider like your doctor or dentist. Referrals may not be necessary to see us for a condition or overall wellness programs.
Need Medical Help? Contact Us
Use this form or call us to ask questions or send feedback. Do not use this form to communicate personal medical information.
Phone: +1 727-726-1460
Address: 24945 US Highway 19 N, Clearwater, FL 33763 USA
Hours: Mon-Fri: 8am-7pm Sun: Off